Osskopp: Its Over, Ron Paul …. Er Kurt Bills Has 150% Or Something
Via Blois Olson’s Morning Take.
GOPSENATE: Yesterday via news release, from Pete Hegseth’s campaign. “In a weekend forum in Inver Grove Heights, U.S. Senate Kurt Bills candidate announced an interesting fundraising plan: to raise money from overseas.
On Friday evening, Bills said his campaign would “get into an international community and a national community of liberty-loving people and raise money.”
Title 11 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 110.20(g) says, “No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation.” QUOTE: “The stakes are too high to wave a white flag and cede this election. It’s clear thatKurt Bills does not have a plan and is not prepared to win in November,” Kyler Nerison, spokesperson for the Hegseth campaign. RESPONSE: via Kurt Bills campaign mgr Mike Osskopp in a statement, VERBATIM: “Everyone in attendance at the forum understood that Rep. Bills was talking about the fact that our airmen, soldiers, sailors and Marines serving overseas can still vote and contribute to the campaign of their choice. In fact, the Bills campaign would be proud to release a list of military personel who have contributed to Kurt. The fact that Mr. Hegseth served our country overseas but chose to try to revive a flagging campaign with this baffling charge shows the desperation for attention his campaign is seeking…While Kurt Bills is working to unite our party into an effective fighting force to support all of our endorsed candidates, Pete Hegeth continues to try to divide the party into ineffective factions.”
Note the anti-military tone once again from Kurt Bills’ campaign manager. He struck a similar tone in a comment on this very blog.
Let’s look at some key points on this Senate race.
- Hegseth blew his competition out of the water in the fundraising battle.
- Bills’ campaign bragged about stepping into a ready made campaign organization, but is now racing away from Ron Paul at break neck speed
- The Paul campaign is willfully suspending disbelief in order to pretend they didn’t run their Delegate slates through the Bills campaign at the CD conventions.
- Did I mention Kurt Bills came in dead last in fundraising despite having the a large and passionate national campaign send out a money bomb for him.
- In the Inver Grove Heights debate, Bills started off giving the Ron Paul answers to questions, but then backed off and contradicted himself.
- The Kurt Bills camp doesn’t have 60% hence the rapid retreat from the Ron Paul association. They now need to branch out into, as some of his supporters say, the people who oppose Liberty ……
In other words, this was supposed to be a cakewalk. But this pesky Hegseth came along and is making this hard.
There is only one candidate who has experience in taking on liberals and the media. Its going to be critical for the Republican nominee against Klobuchar to be able to make a compelling case to voters and articulately spread the winning message. This isn’t giving a speech to a unified audience. This isn’t going to be speaking to a captive audience.
This is going to require millions of dollars, a polished candidate, and a campaign capable of more than just winning the whisper campaign battles….
Pete Hegseth is the only candidate who stands a chance against Klobuchar.